Before your first appointment we will ask you to fill in a medical history form and pre-appointment evaluation. This information will help us to assess your expectations and how you’d like your dental health improved.
To save time when you come for your first appointment, you can download these forms from the links below and complete the forms before coming to the practice. There is also a link for our brochure which will give you full details of how to find us, or click here.
We look forward to seeing you at your appointment.
At Your First Appointment
- We will confirm/discuss relevant aspects of your Medical History in relation to those aspects that could affect your dental health.
- A thorough examination of your teeth/fillings will be carried out and the information charted onto our computer system.
- We will carry out an examination of your gum health in order to organise appropriate care for your gums.
- Where appropriate, X-Rays of your teeth will be taken.
- We will check for any signs of oral cancer.
- We may examine your jaws and the way your teeth meet. This is useful in those who have a tendency to clench/grind their teeth, or those who have worn teeth.
- We may take intra-oral photographs of your mouth as part of gathering clinical data for your records and to enable you to visualise your dental health.
- We will inform you of your dental health status, explain any treatment that you may need, as well as the options available to you.
- We will listen to your preferences and questions and help you to decide on a treatment sequence that bests fits your preferences and needs.
- We will furnish you with a costed treatment plan and arrange appointments to suit you.